Photo by Taylor Kiser
Our favorite mention of pecans comes with the beginning of Christmastime, the first lines of Truman Capote’s classic short story A Christmas Memory,
“Oh my, it’s fruitcake weather!”
And although we may not be baking up batches of fruitcake in our kitchens this season, we’ve found a wonderful excuse to enjoy the delights of pecans nonetheless. The sweet, buttery taste of these seasonal favorites treat us to the perfect way to begin a magical fall or wintry morning that no Marjorie Gal can forget– even if only through mouthfuls of waffles.
1. Preheat waffle iron
2. Mix eggs, milk, and vegetable oil together in a large bowl.
3. Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. If needed, add more milk.
4. Mince half of the pecan halves until smaller and grain-like. Pour into your batter and mix well.
5. Pour and spread out your batter into your waffle maker. Cook until waffles appear golden brown.
6. Over medium heart, melt the butter, sugar, and cinnamon together, stirring in the maple syrup until smooth.
7. Drizzle over the waffles along with remaining pecans and serve!
Thinking of whipping up a few of these waffles for yourself? Tell us what you think in the comments!